The Seed Library offers open-pollinated, GMO-free seeds for a variety of easy to grow plants whose seeds are easy to save. Levittown cardholders of all ages may choose up to 10 packets of seeds per season to grow in their home gardens.
Visit the Reference Desk to browse the collection and choose your seeds.
As part of the mission of the LPL’s Seed Library effort, we are encouraging patrons who take out our seeds to begin learning how to save seeds for use the next year and for sharing with others.
Check out these books available now:
- The Complete Guide to Saving Seeds by Robert Gough and Cheryl Moore Gough
- A Gardener’s Guide to Botany: The Biology Behind the Plants You Love, How They Grow, and What They Need by Scott Zona
- Grow More Food: A Vegetable Gardener’s Guide to Getting theBiggest Harvest Possible from a Space of Any Size by Colin McCrate
- Grow Now: How We Can Save Our Health, Communities, and Planet – One Garden at a Time by Emily Murphy
- The Month-by-Month Gardening Guide:Daily Advice for Growing Flowers, Vegetables, Herbs, and Houseplants by Franz Böhmig; translated by Michael Ashdown
- No Dig: Nurture Your Soil to Grow Better Vegetables with Low Effort by Charles Dowding
- The Seed Garden by Micaela Colley
- Seed Saving: A Beginner’s Guide to Heirloom Gardening by Caleb Warnock