CDC (Center for Disease Control and Prevention)
Information and links on how to prevent getting sick, what to do if you are sick, symptoms, links to health care services and facilities, and links to information of latest cases of COVID-19 throughout the United States.
Fact sheet – Concise list of currently known facts about COVID-19, including symptoms, treatment and how to curb its spread.
Information on statistics of cases and deaths in the U.S. and is updated daily Monday-Friday
Available information and clinical expertise, older adults and people of any age who have serious underlying medical conditions might be at higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19.
Corona Virus Aid Relief and Economic Security Act (CARES Act)
- A federal act that was passed into law on March 27, 2020. Provides relief including unemployment and pandemic unemployment insurance for New Yorkers affected by the Corona Virus pandemic.
- Economic Impact Payments: What You Need To Know
- The US Treasury Department and the IRS ( Internal Revenue Service) announced on March 30, 2020 the distribution of economic impact payments to Americans, for additional information on this consult the IRS page.
- The New York State Department of Labor
- The New York State Department of Financial Services
Tax Filing Deadline Extended – July 15, 2020
The IRS (Internal Revenue Service) and the New York State Department of Taxation and Finance have extended the tax filing deadline to July 15, 2020. For more information about measures taken by these agencies in response to the crisis please consult their site.
Passport and Travel Information
Consult the Department of State for up to date travel information.
Timeline of events in the COVID-19 pandemic
- FRASER (Federal Reserve Archival System for Economic Research) The Central Bank of the United States put together a timeline of events in the COVID-19 pandemic regarding the economic and financial impact.
Additional Information from the Federal Government about Coronavirus (Covid-19)
Links and information from Federal Agencies
- FDA (Food and Drug Administration)
- EPA (United States Environmental Protection Agency)
- USDA (United States Department of Agriculture)
- TSA (Transportation and Security Administration, part of Department of Homeland Security) provides helpful information on various airports throughout the nation where employees tested positive for COVID-19
- FTC (Federal Trade Commission)-contains helpful information on how to avoid scams resulting from the pandemic
- US Department of Defense
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
- Product Recalls & Product Safety – Consumer Product Safety Commission announces recalls of products that present significant risk to consumers.
- Affordable Health Care Act – NY State of Health – Enrollment and Information for New York State.
- Affordable Health Care Act – Health Insurance Marketplace – Enrollment and Information for all other states.